Sunday, May 25, 2014

Meditation about David and Nathan's conversation about building a house for God.

1Chr
David and Nathan. I want to build for God. Go right ahead, sounds like a good idea…

Wait a minute. Who do you think you are? Where is God in this building project? Am I not even consulted, God asks? How about let’s pray about it for a little time and see what God says about this. There is no precedence. How about let’s ask some godly people for advice on this. We have been guilty of presumption on a couple of other occasions. How about we carefully consider this idea for a while?

No. So many times we jump headlong into construction projects for our own glory, don’t we?

God says I am insulted at the lack of consideration but so delighted that it was for me that I am starting a building project with you in mind David. You will not have to worry about the Holy Spirit pulling out on you like Saul. I am going to have you at the center of the building project of eternity. Your son will be God the Son. How about that for a building project? No building for you, nice thought but your hands are way too bloody to put upon a House with my name on it. Son will build and I will build and we will trade. I love you, said God to David, but no. Didn’t I already make you one of the great names in history and you want more?

David. God is holy and yet God is so interactive with David. Halleluia, He is exalted. Halleluia, He is willing to be entreated for our desires and He parses between the pride of our entreaties and the heart of our requests. God is great. He is no respecter of persons. He will be entreated for His spirit and if you really want Him. He will be in a relationship with you. But, He is more real than we sometimes want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment