Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"The Happiest Day of my life" rings the words from the mouth of the twins in Life with Father...

It was the day of their baptism. Infant baptism, no doubt and the commitment to raise a godly seed, in the fear of the Lord. Verbalized and exemplified in their baptism. When I pass the little church around the corner, I see Mr. Day, as big as life and hear the words of that mother. I do hope his soul became as clean as his steps were. I do hope that those words penned by his children were not an endictment against his lost estate. As though a man could live so close to the things of God and miss them entirely. When can I get baptised mother? I hear from my sweet and littlest soul. I do not want to quench the flickering young flame of faith that is calling out to allign itself with the only tool on earth with the right directional signals, the Church of Christ. My children love me and are showing me {the elder ones} that their faith is their own business. Perhaps my judgment for making them wait and wait, until we see signs that they are mature enough to know what that commitment means. I know that the root of the matter is most important and the fruit of allegiance to Christ is the utmost importance. But, as a mother, the "happiest day of my life" is the day that I know that their hand is firmly in Christ's hand. Baptism {infant or believer} notwithstanding, I pray that the steps that they clean first will be the steps of faith and truth and that their souls would be firmly emplanted in Christ as new creatures. If I live to see them baptised, all or not. Christ hold them firmly. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment