Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hell Hath no Fury like...Hell hath no Vacuum like...

Why is Hell personified in femininity? Proverbs 7 struck me anew today. The woman whose sin is exposed prepares for the sin of her life. She is empty and longing and she makes religious sacrifices for the prey of her longing. She is a vacuum for Hell, says the writer of the Proverb. I imagine my son coming home from her house with his excuses. "She needed me. She prepared for me. She was hungry, mother? What could I do?" Surely, God will see the expectation of my body and longings were met? No, son, that is not how God works. She won't even remember you when you walk that way, next time. You will see her vacuuming someone else's soul.
I imagine my own sinful tendencies. Mother of life or vacuum into hell? Are you giving truth or justifying sin? I pray that God would make me aware of my own heart's truth. Thank you Lord, for redemption. Thank you Lord, for instruction in righteousness and may the days of want not turn to days of wanton.
Christ's loving relationship is the only remedy and help for the fury and vacuum of hell in the soul.
Christ is not a bunch of sacrifices and services to prepare for the sins I intend to commit tomorrow or today. He is the embrace that I run to for healing and strength and grace to help in a time of need. Lord, I thank You that You are the truly healing and helping Lord and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment