Saturday, April 17, 2010

How deep the Father's love for us...

How Deep the Father’s Love For Us




Lyrics:
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that helf Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I knoww that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast inJesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom


(REPEAT)As Wounds, which mar the chosen One, Bring many sons to glory.


What an amazing comfort, in the loss of war and searing loss. The Eternal value of the darkness, when the Father turned His face away as the wounds had to be allowed. What eternal paternal self control that He would watch and turn, or He would have had to come from Glory and turn the tables on the earth itself to deliver His Son from such pain and grief. Why are You turning from Me, said the Son. Every parent knows to what lengths they would go to turn pain and grief around for your child. The Father turned His face away to allow the salvation of a wretched soul, bringing many sons to glory. There was no other way. The Son had laid the plan out to His Father. Are You sure, the travail of soul is worth it to You; did they agree? Of Course they did. The outworking of the labor of redemption looked at through the sieve of parents of children gone in war, is the Hymn. How deep the Father’s love for us!

He did turn His face away. He did allow the marring of His son’s soul and those parents who send their children off to war can identify with the love that they have to sacrifice the possible loss for a greater good.
Many sons, in glory are the travail of the soul of the “Perfect Savior”.
Somebody meditated on Jesus' words from the cross and gave us this great hymn.


No comments:

Post a Comment