Tuesday, February 14, 2023

What time I am afraid, I will trust in YOU, Lord!

 Leaning on the Everlasting Arms?



How do we lean on the everlasting arms and what does it mean to not lean on your own understanding?


God is God and we are not, but with so many conveniences, we have no idea of how to identify the things that we should press and do for ourselves and that which we should wait on the Lord to give us an answer for.


We reflexively click to our phones for the answer to this and that question that perplexes us.  Some things we know and commit to memory and these days most things we just google or look up online through some online search engine.  We can get some answers in that way.


Learning to depend on Jesus for our confidence and our identity is the tough wrestling for our day!


As a teenager, I remember with fondness the all night prayer times at church.  I wasn’t doing it to rebel against my parents.  They thought I was and often I was punished for having stayed too long.  But, truly learning to cherish the presence of the Lord was my deepest desire.  He never, ever disappointed me.  It wasn’t money or a tangible gift that I got for staying and lying on the floor before the Lord for hours praising and worshiping and beseeching his presence.  He was there.  He taught me to know HIM.


He taught me to seek him in the uncomfortable and the anxiety of my parent’s chagrin, now only adds to the delight that He is my dearest delight.


I would never suggest anyone to go against their parents in these things today.  But, I had to seek Him.  God has to bid you to come to Him.  Seeking Him in the context of your church’s gathering is soul strengthening!



No comments:

Post a Comment