Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Turn your eyes

 Escaping the tyranny of sin



The carrot of delight that Satan holds over my eyes is cut at the cross.  Still, sometimes, like a dog returning to the bones it has hidden, my eyes turn from the cross and seek the dangling carrot of my own ways.


How can I seek a carrot that has taunted and torn me so?  It is ridiculous, but so true.  


Jesus breaks the bondage and Jesus heals the wounds, but God help me for returning to the graves of my sins with longing, when all of my needs are met in Christ.


Christ is all and He can heal the wounds and struggles completely.  


I trust Him to help my hobbling soul to lean on Him and stop running after my own way.


Keep my heart and mind occupied with the searching for life in the scriptures and not to return to seeking the body of this death.   soul life and physical life is in Jesus.



Proverbs 2:19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life. Proverbs 2:20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment