Saturday, November 21, 2020

What do I want from God?

 The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want


Lord, I want to be a better person! Lord, I want to live with a grateful heart.


Wanting to become a person who is given to seeking the heart of Jesus in your every endeavor. What could that mean..?


Jesus wants us to be more like him than we want to be like him


I shall not want : I will do all that I can to keep people who are around me



From being in want.  That is real governing.  Not putting people on a hamster wheel, but teaching people to live well in the relationships that they are blessed with.  We can be duped into believing that our goal is to create new nooses for people to hang themselves.   Plowshares grow the things that nourish people and give people purposes in making something out of nothing.  Not in creating new slave relationships.   God is able to give us the reigns of our own lives


…Sympathy and empathy and loving leadership is a gift from God and not an automatic thing. Some people make it seem so easy. They are always talking to others with a sympathetic kindness.


I don't have that gift. It kind of reminds me of when Ezzy took my racquet thinking that it would make him hit the ball better. He said your racquet looks magic mommy. Practice has made it look like anybody can place the ball wherever. It took years and love of the sport and emulation of many others to get there.

The same is probably true of sympathy and empathy. Watching and emulating is the first step and after that there is probably an anointing that God grants to make it your own. Praying for the heart of a pastor and the life that grants a sense of peace to those who are enduring hardships. God can do it! I pray that for all of my sons who desire the heart of love toward God's people!



HE'LL DO IT


My Faith looks up to Thee!


No comments:

Post a Comment