Sunday, September 27, 2020

taste and see?


 Hebrews 13...


Because Jesus died outside the camp that should inspire us to live outside the camp and identify with Jesus...

When we live without covetousness, what would that mean?

What would our prayers look like without covetousness?

We live in such a covetous wrought world that we don't know the joy and comforts of Hebrews 13 in our lives.


I will not fear what man can do unto me?


What if I can't pay for this or that thing that I want or wanted?  Fear brings torment and negates prayer.  I work hard to pay for what I want and need.  These are the sentiments of prayerless covetousness.   I hide my head under the pillow living from Christmas to Christmas.  Do we start it by making our children slaves to Santa? and to their lusts?  I don't know.


I want to live minus covetousness, Lord.  I confess it to you and pray for healing and peace in my own soul.  My heart is attached to so many little things and so much of this world's goods.  I need to know the reality of Hebrews 13.  I trust in God for my sustenance and my peace.  I pray that for my own heart and for my children.

For the sake of your Church and your people, In Jesus Christ's Strong name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment