Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Repentance

Michael Lemays book The Death of Christian Thought tells me that I let my racist bent get the better of me in my response to a book reading that punctured the vestiges of my racist mentality.  I do repent for that and realize that it is principalities and powers that are the attackers in such a battle and not racial or hair texture bents.(although I think there is some providential relationship that we are supposed to notice.). Still I wouldn't dare believe that it has been revealed yet what that relationship is.


The essence of the argument is that Christian Thought is dying in our era, some blame it on Laodicea and some on decisionism and some on racism.   I think we must untangle a woven web of different vines that are choking out Christian thought.  It is my belief that the legend of Merlin and Camelot was an expression of an awakening to the power of Christian thought.  The fact that Merlin is seen as dabbling in the magical,  contrast of the power of Lancelot,who was raised in a Biblically educated family,seems shadowed by the completely superstitious era that we are looking at there.
If we can whittle away the other characters for a moments glance, there was a family who raised their son to believe the Bible and he rose to some prominence in supernatural powers...  There was a lot of supernatural wizardry going on, but coming out of the dark ages, any of the wonders of progress would seem wizardry to those people.

My point to bring it up is that we can either return to those dark ages and allow thought to rot under the cannibalism of idolatry as we see it and God may allow us to see Camelot-like restoration or the complete annihilation of our culture, or we can recoup the ancient landmarks and pick up the pieces of Christian thought, while we have the opportunity.  Only a fool would want to go back to the dark ages, but there may be some nuggets of truth that our entire culture missed in the translations of what happened in the Rennaissance.   I don't think we need to go back there to see it.

Let's untangle the vines which are choking out the Word from our culture.  It's not mystical it takes effort and mental effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment