Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Proverbs 23 notes from Sunday school

Minister Walker Friendship Cafe Sunday School Lesson!

Eating friends : fun seekers

Business friends: team players

Counsel friends :project workers

School friends: learning with

Knowing who is trying to manipulate you and why? People watch what you eat...how much...are you greedy in public...? Do people tell you what they observe? Or do they use it to humiliate you and set the parameters? Stay focused on the learning projects above all the other pursuits on every level! That will keep you out of reach of the manipulators!

The concept of cyber cookies! saftety procedure cookies! Deceptive friends!

Stress relievers... Vs.17 who you should never envy...sinners...people who are characterized by their behaviors! Proverbs 23:21 KJVS [21] For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. How to make your momma happy Vs25 Some things not to get caught up I. Even in the little dab will do ya's! Why are most people that you see on the side of the road . In a woeful circumstance... Proverbs 23:29 KJVS [29] Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? Now it is a secret place to be...that is more dangerous! Proverbs 23:32 KJVS [32] At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Ps 119:how can a young man....
Now as I read this set of wise instructions, I see several categories of friends and acquaintances and how they influence me which are placed before me for my assistance and usefulness.
Some buddies that I think about in the passage are authorities around and about us. They are watching to see how their influences can be used for their best promotion.

ie. When you sit to eat with a ruler, watch out! The bigger kids, the richer kids, the smarter kids, etc. know how to use their presence as a magnet for their own comforts and pleasantries. If you are like them and exalt them, they will try you in your loyalties, at the table. They seem to know that at the table you are most vulnerable.

The Family Table can be a trying place for the manners and courage that you can have in the daycare, the school cafeteria, the college dorm and throughout your life. Fathers must understand this to wisely use their comforts and encouragements to grow Godliness in their children. If you are accepted at home, it is a strong influence of confidence in your life.
I remember being very little and seeing certain people who affected my parents discipline and hating them for it. My mind said, why do they listen to that person and keep me from doing what I want because of them? I was 7 when this was severely impressed on my heart. My mommy was 27, when I was 7 and she asked her grandmother if I could go into the water at the beach this close to having eaten. Mu said, "You know better, Camille." and that was the end of it! I huffed and puffed and was as angry as I could be. That kept me close to MU and mother playing in the sand next to the baby, while everybody else was enjoying the cool of water. I was seething.

Before the sacredly passed down half hour had passed a cloud came into Mu's view and she said to another grandchild, not my mother, Anne, tell everyone to get to the car a storm is coming up quick.

We packed up quickly and were at the car when torrents of showers and bolts of lightning struck all around the car and my father had to go back and forth carrying this one and that one to their cars, while we were safely snug in the car.

My seething developed into an awe! I guess that woman knows God, I said to myself and that is why my mother didn't even let her finish her sentence and followed it to the letter, on that occasion.

Unfortunately, we are teaching free thinking lessons to 2 year olds, by our lack of instruction and clarity and more often than not, they may never get to know people who they can really trust their knowledge of truth and God. That is very sad to me. Fathers and mothers innoculate their children from seeking counsel from foolish, when they show honor to people who have a proven character. When we listen to our children and honor their opinions, from time to time we are winning their hearts to become one of the people who might be our confidant and we theirs. Let's not miss these tiny opportunities to win our children into friends, as well. Letting them know why we do things and hearing their childish reasonings for things are often roads into their hearts.
Pastor Martin said, one time years ago that listening to your little one's story about "wormypoo" and crying with her about little emotional traumas at 2 years old will open doors when she is thinking about this or that fellow. I poopooed the significance in my mind, but followed it and have found it truly the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment