Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Praise to the Lord! {The This is "How We Do It" of the Hymns}I call it travels to "Glad Adoration"!

OH how I hated this hymn for years and years!
I felt like it was a stab in my soul! I love you Lord, but
"Hast thou not seen???"
I loved the verbiage, but I hated the sentiments!
I went to church and prayed for years that they wouldn't sing that hymn.
Lord, I prayed, I am loving you, with a blindness of grief and how can you let them constantly sing that "all their longings have been granted in what He ORDAINETH?"
Not mine! I have not seen that, Lord! I stood beside the grave of my child (my firstborn son,3 weeks old, snatched from my arms, by death) and I am certainly sure that this is not a longing of mine that has been granted in what Thou hast ordained?
I am praising you even though I am ANGRY, Lord. I do not like this, not one little bit. I am praising you from the discipline of submission and mercy and I know that you can answer the questions in the sweet by and by. I am not bitter against you, but I am bitter against these hymn-writers who are writing from their lofty towers.
Granted in what He ordaineth?
Even if that hadn't happened in my earliest seasons of serving You, Lord, I don't think I could sing that with a whole heart. "All thy longings?"
Am I supposed to let my Amen fully resound with that? How?
I know that you know my Longings, Lord. Why are all these people enraptured and I am in tears? I can't say that.
Well, I would really like to tell the story of how God carried me to a place where the answers to the questions of my soul could be ministered to. And to the day where, I was singing that song, in my soul and in my innermost prayer closet in completely good conscience!
God, please give me grace and time to tell that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment