Monday, September 22, 2014

Praising God for the development of grief ministries. When I remember Heidi...Great is Your Faithfulness!

25 years since I lost my only son and I am grateful for the real comforters. I thank God for the development of Psychology in the neuthetic counselors. When I hear how Christianity had crushed many a grieving spirit and how I had often spoke judgment to the grieving and encouragement to the pompous. Discernment is the fruit of the grieving process mixed with the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.
God promises to make all of your bed in your sickness and I have seen him do that for me. I am grateful for that. Part of the restoration of sons and daughters back into my life was also a sense of sympathy that God can grow maturity in the midst of the grieving process
I always understand the "Almuncle-curmudgeon". I can see how each wound and crushing word tore any semblance of faith from that poor lost soul. I haven't experienced that level of personal attack, by God's mercy, but, even with the wonderful comforts that God poured, the grief could send a person under the bed. I know that God is good, but when I look at real bereavement, my heart groans and wants to hide, even from God. I know You are good, I say, but what a painful providence that is, here and there.

I am thankful that there are people who have studied painful providences and know how to speak peace into the grieving soul. People will always wonder is this or that providence a deserved thing. "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." "It is of the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed...""He makes all our bed in sickness..."

When hard times come and a person's ways please the Lord, He enters in. Even if they are not God-pleasers, the ministries of the church have developed to such an extent that God has entered the grief process with us. Don't let the "Almuncle" live without faith. "The goodness of God leads to repentance." God sent Heidi as a comfort to the Almuncle. He is touched with the feelings of, even his infirmities. Raise up Your Church to do right in this difficult area of ministry, Dear Lord! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment