Thursday, April 10, 2014

Teach me Thy Way, O LORD! 1Sam 16 {Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me}

Some things come not out but by prayer and fasting. (a treasured find from Bishop Pilkington linked)
1 Sam 16: 1-2

Look that Samuel, who had grown up with Eli and Hophni and Phinehas as examples, was more afraid of Saul, than God. God, he will kill me? He knew that the fear of God was not in Saul. That is the difference, I think, more than not completing things that God told Saul as fruit of this. The fact that God’s man knew that he was fierce and unyielding when the anger caught hold of him, was a first mark of his apostacy. But those sins hadn’t been attoned for in Christ.

God I am yours, was David’s continual reminders to God. I am seeking You and I don’t want You to leave me. How great many things we seek after and do we look at God as he did? That is another difference. Tremendous reminder from Pastor Walden. David reminded himself and God regularly. I am Thine.

David was a picture of our covenant in Christ and Saul seems a picture of the cutoff ones between the old and new covenant. We want what we want. We don’t want to trust in the sacrifice of Christ as our atonement. We want to follow the way of the nations. Follow the nations to trust Christ and be grafted in. I see this as the beauty of the comfort that was found in Saul’s upheaval only in the song of David. Only David’s song enfleshed in our Savior will bring healing at last to the nation. They took a long detour outside of God’s will. Christ has pure and complete redemption through the blood of the Lamb.

God says to Abraham, we have a deal. I am saving up for a great redemption of you and yours. You think you can pay half, but you can’t and I am going to spot you on this one. All the way to the cross of Calvary and until then we will have sweet communion with eachother and no soul will enter heaven on the earth who doesn’t follow after you, but a day is coming when My Son will be the way, the truth and the life. Halleluia, for the privilege of watching God unfold his loving plan and deliberate expressions on untoward people such as us. We are in Abraham through Christ and the Jews may be in Christ through Abraham, maybe? Saul wasn’t. Some weren’t but all who come to God through Christ will be saved.

Conforming and learning to look correctly at my grief and not open my mouth in unbelief to God, was challenged in the message this morning. I am Thine and You are Good and I accept Your outworking in pain and in enjoyments. I have no right to be angry with You. I will remind myself that You are Good. I have seen God answer me in those kind of prayers. Still, sometimes when my upsetment hits, my mouth wants to challenge God’s right. This was a reminder not to do that.

sermon by Cal Walden on Psalm 86

No comments:

Post a Comment