Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sometimes our faith is so shortsighted.

It only takes a little cloud to make us wonder if we will ever see the sun, sometimes. When the sun is shining, confidence can run high. It seems that nothing can dull it's light. It is so powerful and energizing. Then, the radar shows a storm, large or small on the horizon. There I am questioning the warmth of the sun. It is overcast in the weather. Today the sun is shining, but, perhaps, it is overcast in my soul. Is God's light dimmed by my clouds of unbelief and doubt? "What can lay anything to the charge of God's elect?" I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus and that power is brighter than the sun. My soul's dimness and my minds questions are but clouds over the full rays of my spiritual sky. I can believe that the sun will shine again. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. "sometimes a light surprises the Christian when he sings, It is the Lord who cometh with healing in His wings" He has the healing and I need but access the healing, for the sake of my undying soul. Carest thou not that we perish? I ask in my unbelief. Don't You see that my soul is flailing in the waves of unbelief? I know that He sees. I know that He cares. I know that He has it under control. My anxieties and fears and cares I am casting on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment