Wednesday, December 26, 2012

We cannot mortify the deeds of the flesh alone.

In these days, where access to the gospel is so prevalent over the internet, we have a tendency to minimize the effect of fellowship and attendance onto the means of grace. Listening and hearing the Word is not enough. "Confess your sins one to another and pray one for another, that you may be healed." I am still waiting for my mental healing, but in the meantime I am confessing and walking in the trusting that God cares for me, even in my distresses. Sometimes, I hear people exhorting people to walk in obedience to God as though they have the ability to do so. We walk by faith and not by sight and we walk in the fellowship with other believers. We must unite fellowship and comradery in the mortification of sins, or we are not in fellowship with God's people. God uses one-another to help us grow up into Christ in all things. We are entitled to victory in Jesus, but we often live far below our privilege, because we are not enjoying the family of Christ in fellowship and praying for oneanother. I know that there are many who are praying for me. I pray for my brothers and sisters in the flesh and in the Lord. I pray for my neighbors and friends and enemies. I am hoping that I will live to see my mind restored, but until then, my heart will go on trusting God's mercy and help in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment