Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Sacrifice of Praise is due, whenever our wicked hearts are tempted to murmur and complain.

I thank God for the examples of elder people who exemplified this truth in my life.  I have seen the power and strength of this truth at a time of my personal greatest anguish.  God was inhabiting my praise and empowering me above my strength.
I felt all strength leave my legs at my baby's funeral.  I felt the surge of strength when God's people sang in unison behind me. It was truly dynamic and supernatural.  I believe that it was what got me up when I fell, time and again.  Still, my heart falls into murmuring and disfunction, but, I know that God is worthy of the praise in my heart, even when I don't feel it.  He can and does handle my complaints and questions. Lord, why?  What are You achieving in my life through this pain?  God knows and cares and picks me up from the muddy banks of selfish anguish and carries me into the knowledge that He is greater.
"Halleluia, anyhow" was sung by older people in church and I used to wonder how they could sing that. I guess I still do, but as a discipline, I worship the God who is above all of the circumstances.  He has chosen to say no to my utmost desire. To see my eldest son live his life.  He was taken at 21 days old.  I know that God is greater and has my good in His care, whether I understand it or not.  He has the rest of my life in His care.  The sadnesses that come and griefs that we endure will be understood, by and by.  Until then, Thank God that we have a faithful and strong High Priest who is in the Heavenlies interceding for us.  I might complain, on occasion and He will guide me through the struggle to the safety of higher ground where I can cast my cares upon Him, who cares for me.
That's why I love Jesus and praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment