Friday, July 6, 2012

Matthew 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
It is my opinion that the centurion would have been among the early church fathers to have assisted in putting the "Mass" together. This seems likely because of the placing of this phrase, so delicately at the communion meditation. Lord, I am not worthy, {no matter my station in life}. Rich or poor, bond or free, but what a testimony to the faith of one who had much in this world's goods. God is no respecter of persons and sometimes He uses such to publish abroad that real and heartfelt truth.
Jesus sought me, when a stranger

Wandering from the throne of God,

He to rescue me from danger,

Interposed His precious blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment