Friday, May 4, 2012

Enjoying the access to the presence of God

Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Pr. 27: 22
The presence of God was bought by the blood of the Lamb. We, through our circumstances, in the midst of the vicisitudes can either enjoy the presence of ourselves. I am here. We say. I am taking my own autograph, enjoying the presence of myself in my trouble. I cry and mourn, I am here. But, through praise, through the sacrifice of praise, we can enjoy the presence of God in the midst of the troubles that we endure. The mortar and the pestle are in the hands of the Master. We can, either justify the foolishness of our own existence. I am truly still a fool, no matter how the Master touches and crushes. Enter the seasoning, I pray, in the midst of the situation. God, I pray that my foolishness will be seasoned with You. My foolishness is clinging until the blood of Jesus and the praise of God calls my Savior to inhabit the praises of His people. I live below my privilege of the presence of God, when I cry without praising and acknowledging that God is above it all. He is with me in the storm. Cover my foolishness, in my praise, I pray.
I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee!----Uphold me with Thy free Spirit, Don't take Your joy from me.
We have so much more than godly Job, in our sufferings. He said though, He slay me, yet will I trust Him. We have the sacrifice of Christ and the presence of God to comfort us in our sufferings and the fellowship of the Spirit in the presence of His people in worship. We have the Word of God, inscripturated and hopefully written upon our hearts and still we ask for our own autograph in suffering. I am here. God are You here? God is there. We must know Him there. Season me with Yourself, Dear Lord, in the sunshine and in the bray.

No comments:

Post a Comment