Friday, June 24, 2011

God's Superfluent Mercies!


Hosea 11:3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





For so many years, I grew up hearing the stories of Ma, dragging her two eldest grands to church at 5 am. Daily Mass, and daily dragging out of their beds and the memories of my father were keen on this subject, until he died. He cried and described his feet hitting the ground only occasionally, as Ma and big sister, Lorraine held him, half aloft and half walking to daily mass. I giggled at the thought of this huge and massive man, having been little enough to be drug to church. I see Ephraim in this today. I see Ephraim, the Grandchild of the Lord, except, God has no grand or great grand children. God's compassion and drawing is upon Ephraim, although he is drawn kicking and screaming into conformity. We know that in Christ, we are cleansed and brought into communion through the blood of Jesus. But, as my father drew away from God's face and presence, because of feeling like an orphaned grandchild of God. It is God's Healing Mercy that wakes us and draggs us into desired communion with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment