Sunday, January 31, 2010

The older that I get, the more grateful that I am for the expositors of the scriptures who teach us.

As I see, how easy it is to wander from my intentions to love and obey the Lord; I gratefully pray for the voices that God has used in my soul to represent His fatherly care. Why should I love and fear You my Savior? Sometimes the devil accuses, even the Father and even the Saviour. I see the love of God in His instructions and in His lending us pastors and teachers to represent Him, in this world.
I especially remember Pastor Martin's expression of love and care, to my bereft soul. Bitterness, is sure to carry more souls to Hell than gregarity, in my opinion. Bitterness is a suffocating influence. Pastor Martin and other pastors took the crushing coils of bitterness from around my neck and kept me from my own demise. Jesus loves me this I know, is a song that has insulated, perhaps, many little children from the blindness to the love of Jesus. The Bible tells me that Jesus loves me. What does that mean? What is the love of God? What are the loves that God has blessed me with. Pastors have the ability to shine the lights on the attributes of God, for help or for ill. Thank you, God for the stalwart pastors, persistent in love.
I remember not being able to see the goodness of God in my life. I remember not being able to see the sunshine of the love of God. The foolishness of the things preached: the goodness of God, the preciousness of the sacrifice of Christ, the intensity of the expression of God's goodness, has led me to repentance.
Even knowing Christ, we are led from faith to faith in seeing the love of God in the expressions of unselfish loves from God. God is great and greatly to be praised.
If all the sky were a scroll...
To write the love of God above...would drain the oceans dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole... if stretched from sky to sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment