Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Exposition!

Only one time, do I remember sitting at the exposition. That was not one of those activities, like communion, or confession that we would be forced to take part in, or I probably never would have done it. I never did anything that my mother put on the forced code, without a discussion about it. I got to the age where I thought about what I believed and then, confession was in question, communion was thought about. I am not sure why rebellion raises its ugly head at that age, but I wanted to love God, I just didn't want to do what my mother said. That may be true of all children, but at 15 at one of the retreats I sat for, at least an hour at the Exposition. I was prayerful and expecting and I was looking for God to send some light or something to make me see that the host would be turned into the Body and Blood of Jesus. I prayed and looked...
God met me there. I know that I came out of that time disappointed that nothing that I thought would happen had happened, but something did happen. I saw that God's work is quiet and mysterious and He will meet us where we are. Ignorant and rebellious, yet seeking Him, or awake and intelligent and submissive; God is glorified when we seek Him.
He is always exposed, in all that He has made. It is I who am are blinded by my sins. Maybe, I didn't see that then, but I do see it now. Maybe thanks to those hours in Exposition or maybe in spite of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment