Monday, May 13, 2024

A New Season of Devotional Learning about God. Drawing near to God in his Word more avidly. Thompson Chain Bible

 Today is Monday May 13, 2024.  It is a dark morning that is supposed to grow into a sunny day.


What a brisk morning it was when I woke up.  That is part of what woke me up early this morning, although I haven’t work today.  My children showered me with gifts for Mothers Day.   I am basking on the morning after.   I received a Thompson Chain Bible among the other treasures.   I had my devotions using it this morning instead of my several bible “apps”.   My voice memo app was malfunctioning so I didn't record my readings, but I am so intent upon starting a new season of reading and study with the new tool.


God is certainly funny, how he ushers my spiritual journey, when I think that I am comfortable in my swimming through the exercises of getting to know him, He turns the page and calls for a study adjustment.   I didn’t know He was up to something.  


I felt his nudging, but the receiving of a tremendous trust of a “TCB” {Thompson Chain Bible} reminds me of the earliest moments of crying out for knowledge of God’s word in my spiritual infancy.   Now that I know Him and have searched His word for many years, a new, tool that I am very familiar with delights me and challenges me to be more decisive and committed in my new excursions into God’s Word.


Of course my first day’s reading included “We hold a treasure…” providentially, of course.  We do hold the treasure of the knowledge of God and his ways in these earthen vessels of ours.  Making sure that our growth and our journey is shared with our loved ones and that others can benefit and grow in their knowledge of God through our communications is the task of this season of life.   I wish to grow in grace and knowledge and as a newborn babe, desire the sincere milk of the Word of God.

I am a greedy guzzler, as my father would always remind me, when he would show me how greedily I guzzled from birth.  He would have to act it out to show me.   Still I guzzle from God, as much milk and meat as he will allow me to receive.  He is not as stingy as a young mother, whose pain and lack of knowledge keeps her always holding back a little.  He lavishly fills the breasts of milk for the filling of the tummy and the growth for health and well being.  He has clear plans for us to find the real healing and health of the things that he has sent us into this world to enjoy and live lavishly.   He isn’t at all stingy.  Not even the pain of sending his own son kept him from pouring grace upon grace for our nurture and endearment.   


I am his and he is mine, forever and forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment